Leadership Hillsboro is a program for Hillsboro community members designed to develop community leaders for today and tomorrow. The curriculum is designed to educate participants on a wide array of critical issues affecting Hillsboro and to help develop the leadership skills necessary to be successful in professional and civic life.
Admission to the Leadership Hillsboro Class is one of the Hillsboro Community’s top honors. It is a rigorous academic and hands-on learning program focused around leadership development at the personal, organizational, and community levels.
The participants work together as a group, visiting key elements of both the local and state infrastructure. On each program day, participants will interact with the entire class, speakers and guests. By the end of the program, participants will develop a cohesive overview of how educational, social service, and business systems operate on both the city and state level.
- Strengthen knowledge and insight on major issues facing the Hillsboro area.
- Provide a forum for quality discussion of these issues.
- Define and build core values necessary for successful leadership.
- Stimulate critical and creative thinking to develop initiatives that address the needs of the business community and the region.
- Membership in a network of community leaders.
- Interaction with government, business, and community leaders.
- Opportunities to practice team management skills.
- Increased awareness of how business, government, and community sectors work together to achieve common goals.
Requirements of Participation
The program runs from September to June. It begins with a retreat, continues with one full program day each month October through May, and concludes with a graduation in June. In addition to attending the program days, class members will be required to complete a team-based community-impact project.
Leadership Hillsboro Steering Committee
Kari Buzbee, Lone Star Ag Credit
Kristin McGinty, Texas Farm Bureau
Sally Divin, Citizens National Bank
Lizza Trenkle, Hill College
John Versluis, Hill College
Frank Johnson, City of Hillsboro
Vicki Hidde, Hillsboro Chamber of Commerce – 254-582-2481